This I believe:
God has in store for us something far more wonderful than we can even dream or imagine. The fundamental religious motivation is one of trust. I cannot conceive how people can take all of this wonderful world so much for granted and then conceive that when they die they simply become as dead as dust. There simply is nothing like that in the universe any more; dust is not dead. I cannot conceive that one set of laws applies after that which we call death. The same laws must still apply, and if God has so many wonderful things for us in this life, why should we utterly lose faith when it comes to life of some sort beyond this one.
I believe in some kind of immortality. I do not believe that we can spell out it’s details. But we know that the eternal creative powers of the universe care for us very well indeed during this life here on earth. What is beyond lies solely in the realm of trust buttressed by the love of God that we feel in the present.
by W. D. K.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment